Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Trip Home - Part 1

Last Friday the girls and I returned from our trip down south. We had a very full week that was filled with so much fun. Here are a few (WARNING: There are a tremendous amount of pictures ahead. View at your own risk.) pictures from our trip.

My sister Heidi flew down from Nashvegas to spend the weekend with us lovely ladies and the folks. She was brave enough to accompany me to my H.S. Reunion.


We have a ton of pictures with Heidi doing this eye thing. This is the calmed down version. Either way, yes, this is my sister....


Heidi and my dad went down to the gun range (obviously, we are from the GREAT state of Texas). She is displaying her bullseye shot. We were all pretty excited for her.

Single men, beware!


Heidi and I went to get quick pedi's while Reg experienced her first manicure. She was sooo excited.



I hung out with my old (not in age of course) Visiting Teaching buddies. We ate too much, laughed too much, and cried too much. It was definitely one of the best parts of the trip.

As a side note: When anyone asks me to take a picture of them, I assume that they mean their faces and maybe a small part of there bust. Call me crazy, but I think that peoples faces should be in the central part of the picture. And I ask, what is in the middle of this picture? Yes! Our torsos! Anyway, enough of my complaints.

OH NO!! My family is about to be eaten by that huge shark!!

OK, enough cheese.

Of course, we had to head out to the Island! The girls have to go to the beach each time we visit Mama and Papa. This time we stopped at the little tourist shops to let the girls pick out a treat.



Check out Jenna's fierce look. NICE!


Reagan loves anything having to do with the beach. When she found a large shell at one of the shops, she had to try to see if she could hear the ocean.


Jenna in her favorite person's arms. (I don't exist when we visit Mama and Papa.)



Here's Papa reading a Celia Cruz biography.


Jennazilla on her way to destroy part of our castle.


Check out the line of brown near the water. It is seaweed. Because of Hurricane Dolly, there was a ton of seaweed on the shore. Jen was terrified of it. She wouldn't go near the water.


My parents took us to a new gourmet chocolatier. Reagan had the hardest time choosing some chocolate.


In the end, she was happy with what she (and everyone else) had chosen.


On our way back home, we stopped to visit more grandparents. Grandpa Steve, Grandma Lori, and Uncle Spencer entertained us a few hours. And they very nicely wore the girls out in their pool.

We had a great time with family, just like always. In a week, they'll be here so Jenna can sleep in peace once again.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the tribute to your sister at the beginning of your blog. She seems AMAZING :)
~anonymous

Anayansi said...

i love that you put anonymous but your name is at the top of your comment!! :)

Anayansi said...

seriously, i can't stop laughing!

fourballerinas said...

Pretty funny Heidi!!
Anyways, great pictures. YOu sure look like a hottie in you suit there Anayansi. I sure am missing you. I would love to come and visit you guys some time. When is school starting for Reagan? It would be so fun to see Kayla and Reagan together again- all grown up and talking each others heads off. Are your parents good? I need to call you.
Audrey

Probative said...

The Three Ballerinas and fam are very welcome. Perhaps I could take their Dad to a Cowboys game this fall. Or the UT/OU game?

These are great pics--they really make me miss my girls.

Camille said...

Such cute pics! How fun the Reagan got her nails done. I miss you guys tons!

Erica and Orlando said...

Cute pictures. Looks like y'all had a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Yeah i figured you would get a kick out of that!!! RED COUCH!!!! YAY!!!

Ivy said...

Such beautiful people you all are! I was thinking about you and your sister yesterday because we were at Balboa Park in the International House Courtyard and it was Peruvian day! We ate really yummy chicken and rice and very delicious deep fried sweet potato cakes, and listened to the music and stuff, it was really cool!

hoLLy said...

heidi is so funny:) i love how she uses anonymity(is that a word?)


loved seeing your corpus pictures! looks like a blast!