Thursday, August 14, 2008

Trip Home - Part 2

As I mentioned before, while on my trip home, I went to my High School Reunion---just 10 years people. Here are a few too many pictures, once again, of the event.

****I am doing a post on my reunion because I have several readers that know these crazy people shown and a few that were planning to attend but could not.******


Before the "dreaded" event, Heidi (who I am eternally greatful for coming down to Texas to be mine and Marcie's date) and I went over the Marcie's (my BFF from High School ---did you like the H.S. lingo) to be ultra high school-ish and make sure that we were properly dressed/coordinating in some way (j/k---once again, very high school-ish). Of course, we had to do the picture in front of the fire place just like before a dance back in the day. I'm telling you, were trying to keep it real.


No! Your eyes are not deceiving you, my reunion was in fact at a bar! Classy. I know. But of course the H.S. I attended includes the Island so everyone is ultra layed back.

(I put up this picture to not only make fun of the location but because those who know these people will be able to spot them out from the crowd.)


Not only was the reunion at at bar, but a bar with a big fish (O.K., it is a shark. Whatever)! Kudos on the extra classiness!

(Marcie was obviously pumped about the shark.)


Joe was one of the people I was most excited to see. He used to call me "Wife Number 2". And no, this is not a Mormon joke. Heidi and I hung out with Joe so much that we became "Wife Number 1" and "Wife Number 2". Wait...maybe it was a mormon joke! Hey! No but really, the guy was and still is one of the most hilarious people I have ever know.


Joseph was our valedictorian. We were in all the same classes. His mom who was our Junior English teacher came for an hour. It was fun to see them.


One of our soccer buddies (Amanda). We had this health class together where we made a work out video. I was the instructor and she was a back up girl. We worked out to Madonna's Lucky Star. I can hardly type this I am laughing so hard. On the cover of the video, we cut out pictures of Victoria Secret models in swimsuits and glued our heads to their bodies. I need to find that thing. So If ya'll come to my house I can show it to you. It really is ridiculously funny.

Here are the Panamanians with the Cubans. The four of us used to hang out all the time and get into too much trouble.


One of the wonderful examples of the, should I use the word again (I think that I have just about worn it out but I am going to have to do it), classiness of the whole event were the door prizes. Marcie won a H.S. Baseball T shirt. Niiiicccceee! Talk about some choice goodies. (Her cousin is giving the prize a thumbs up because not only did she help organize the event but she had come to realize that the door prizes sucked big time).


Here Heidi is modeling the front of the T shirt.

We were excited to hang out with Mario but were bummed that his sister, one of our best friends from h.s. didn't show up.

(If you didn't notice, Heidi was downing Red Bulls. I however was sticking to my H2O. By the end of the night she was ready to go to another gathering, where as, being the mommy that I am, I wanted to fall asleep in the parking lot.)

I told you she does her crazy eye thing all the time ---for pictures at least.

Here she is sporting the kick'n Whataburger give aways. You know you are in Texas if Whataburger is involved in an event.


The whole night we were doing some silly pictures where we would pose in some weird action. So here is the snob or the "OH MY GOSH! Can you believe what she is wearing!" pose. Ah! The odd things we do to entertain ourselves.


All in all, I had a surprisingly good time. It was fun to see old friends. Besides, anyone who knew me back then would have to agree, I look so much better now! And that is what High School reunions are really all about. :)

5 comments:

hoLLy said...

thanks for posting those pics! you girls all looked fab. from what i could see, people hadn't changed too much... still got a beer in their hand:) the bar and the door prizes were so bluff its not even funny.

at least you got to show off your goods:)

Erica and Orlando said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Can't wait for mine.

Tiffany said...

Too funny...No one knew anything about my class reunion. Apparently it was some last minute planning and - like yours - was in a bar. I scratched that one! For fun, you should post a picture of you then (10 years ago in high school) and of course now. Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HIRSCHI FAMILY said...

Holly told me it was your H.S. reunion so I decided to take a look at your blog. It was great to see some familiar faces from The Bluff. A reunion in a bar - WOW! You and Heidi are just as gorgeous as I remember. Love the pics of Joseph and Alex. Thanks for the post, it brought back some fun and crazy memories. BTW your little girls are so pretty!