Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring Break in CC

Well we made it! We (the girls and I) made the drive down to good old CC for Spring Break. It is only the second time we've made it down sense we have moved. It felt so good to go home. And as you can tell from Reagan's face, we were ALL happy to be there.

We had a blast with my parents. It seemed as though we were constantly doing something, yet didn't get to do everything that we wanted to. We went to the beach (the one on Ocean Drive, not the Island), we went to Jalisco's (you know that was Reagan's first request when she found out we were going to CC), we did all the shopping i could imagine, i got our traditional brisket from HEB (oh! I love HEB!), the girls did their usual ride the carousel at the mall, etc, etc....

So I took a couple of pictures while we were visiting Mama and Papa. I was so mad at the camera because it was hardly working at all. I came so close to throwing it into the ocean. So close! So please excuse the barely decent pictures.

The girls at the little beach near downtown. I know what you are thinking....are they playing in the sand with bowls and spoons? Yes, as a matter of fact, they are. So we went to look for a bucket and shovel at a dollar store and they didn't have any! It was all about Easter stuff not summer time, at the store. And since we were already in the car, on our way to the beach, I said, "Let's just use bowls and spoons". Not exactly what you think of when you say,"Hey, want to go play in the sand at the beach" . But it did the job and the girls didn't seem to care.

I am telling you, the camera wasn't working. I would press the button to take a picture and it just wouldn't take until quite a bit after (like 20 seconds). I was frustrated. And as you can see, Jenna got tired of smiling. So this is as good as the pictures get Ladies and Gentlemen. So attempt to enjoy.

I had to post this picture. Poor Reagan has my legs! It is so funny to see how much her little body is like mine, legs, hips, and all. You know what I'm talking about Heidi.

We had such a wonderful time with my parents. It was so wonderful that both girls were refusing to go home. We drove away with both girls crying for their Mama and Papa. Oh, such love!

Speaking of love:

Thanks Mom and Dad for such a fabulous week!

8 comments:

Camille said...

Such cute pics! Got a great laugh from the last one. I think that was pretty much me and Brooke back in the day. Also, Reagan's bathing suit is so cute! I want it :)

hoLLy said...

i love reagans suit too!(and jennas of course:) glad you had a great visit to cc! i'm not sure when we are going to cc next, june or july sometime.

Anayansi said...

Don't you just love it! When i saw the suit it wanted it. Reg tried it on and I said that was the one. I thought it looked great with her hair color.

I wish they had it in my size too.

Camille Phillips said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys had a good trip, and I have to say that my favorite picture is the sisterly love one.

Anayansi said...

Mine too. That is why I had to end with it. :)

Unknown said...

I know poor baby with the legs...but of course we Kemple's have other redeeming qualities that make up for chicken legs :)

Unknown said...

Reagans' got her mama's sense of style...that green suit is to die for cute!

jOeY said...

The bowl thing is really funny.