Thursday, April 3, 2008

Easter pics

Yes, I do realize that we are a few weeks past Easter. But what you may not know is that not only am I a procrastinator, but even when i am doing something when I should be, I am very very slow. So here are our Easter pictures, in true Anayansi form, late.

In the past, we have had some messy/very stained items (clothes, counters, etc.) due to coloring eggs. So this year we went all out and got the biggest plastic sack we could find...thank you American Airlines. As you can tell from the picture, we were prepared for just about anything with that huge bag. Ian thought that if Jenna just watched, and didn't actually participate in coloring the eggs, we would have less of a mess. So here he is trying to show Jenna the joy of having Daddy color the Easter eggs for you.


Reagan, being the big girl that she is, was allowed to participate in the dying of eggs. She had a blast. Her favorite part was putting on the Tinkerbell "Tatoos" that were included in the kit.

I decided that Jenna should be allowed to participate, so I tried to show her how to put the Tinkerbells on the egg. Of course they were "rub on's", so they were too difficult for her.

For Jenna, dying eggs was not exactly fun. (See picture below)


After the girls went to sleep, the Easter Daddy had to put together the sand/water table we got the girls as a gift from us. Since we have been married, I cannot tell you how many things Ian has been forced to put together. He wasn't thrilled that this new toy required "some assembly", which is obvious from the picture.


Well, Easter morning arrived and the girls were so excited to find their bunny baskets filled. A few months ago, Ian announced that we were cutting back on sweets for the girls (which is a good thing considering I was the one who was eating all of their treats). So this Easter they only received 2 sugary treats from the Easter Mommy.

As a side note, I would like to thank Liz for the sweets because I have been having sugar withdrawls. I left the picture out of me stuffing my face with chocolates. Ian caught me in the act with the camera. It wasn't a pretty picture.



The girls searched for their eggs quickly before church.


And thanks to Reagan's help, Jenna even found a few.


After church (while I was having a YW's meeting), Ian showed the girls the gift from us parents. They loved it. I am not so sure that I love the sand that I am constantly cleaning up in the house. But they love it, so oh well.

(Ian dressed Jenna after church. I am so glad that we got a picture of it because as you can see, Ian put Jenna's shirt on without insiding it out. I love seeing how he dresses her. At least it all matched. Good job Hun.)


We were in such a rush to get to church on time in the morning (I was in the program), that I forgot to take a picture of the girls in their Easter dresses. Ian was so smart to get a picture of them after church...even though the were pretty messy afterwards.

Don't you just love how Reagan tied her bow in the front rather than the back (she did it in Primary). She is always wanting to make her own outfits. You should see how she made a halter top dress out of one of my long sleeve shirts. I was pretty impressed.


Later that day we had a great dinner prepared by the family chef, Chef Daddy. It was a nice day. And the kids loved it.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I love all the pictures!!! So cute! Can't wait to see you all!!! Love--- Liz

Marty said...

Love those cute blue dresses!

Christy said...

AAAWWWW. I love your pictures!!! Those baskets are cute, did you make them? They look like the ones my mom made for us. :)

Anayansi said...

my mom made them for the girls.