Friday, March 7, 2008

Another String of Happenings

It seems that so much happens in between my posts....that or I am just taking to long to blog. So here is another long string of happenings that have gone on in the last week and a half.

Ian took Reagan to the "Coppell Family Fish". It was Reagan's first fishing experience.


She looks like a real pro.

But alas, the only fish she brought home was the one that she made at the arts-n-crafts table.


Another exciting thing for us Texans (especially South Texans) was that it began snowing. Reagan has been waiting since the first cold front came in to experience snow. So she was very excited. It was extra fun because my parents and sister were visiting. And all of us being from South Texas means that snow is very rare, kind of a once in a life time experience. So it was fun to share that with them.



Like I mentioned, Heidi came to visit again (along with Mom and Dad, sorry no good pictures of them this trip). This week is her spring break so she decided to spend half of it with us. It has been so fun having her visit us so much. That has been one of the perks of moving to Coppell.


One of the reasons my parents came up (other than to be with the girls) was to give Heidi the Texas quilt my mom made her.

I guess I shouldn't complain that I didn't get one, since I actually live in this great state....and the fact that Reagan has been given one.....and that I live in this FABULOUS state (not rubbing it in or anything Heidi).

Heidi had a friend come and visit too. His name is Jeff. She warned us that he was quiet. Boy was she right. It was the most hilarious thing watching his eyes move back and forth from person to person as we all tried to talk to him. (My family loves to talk....all at the same time. It is skill to listen to us and get something out of it.)


After we said our goodbyes to Heidi, I got sick. I got the 24 hour stomach virus that has been going around (Jenna had it last week about this time). Thank goodness my parents were still here. They took care of Jenna while I slept the whole day...and did other things pertaining to the virus.

While I was sleeping, it began to snow again! What a treat! So here is a picture of the snow beginning to fall.


I was awake when Reagan came home (my kind neighbor was her driver for the day). I knew that Reagan would be so pumped that it was snowing. So I was ready for her with the camera when she got home.


And finally, today, Reagan's school is having a Dr. Seuss Day. So the kids were supposed to dress up like one of his characters. Reagan, being the type that always wants to be pretty, decided to be Cindy Lou Who. I was greatful that she would be wearing the simplest costume ever...a dress and antennas.


When I dropped her off at school this morning, we saw some pretty cute costumes. There were Thing 1 and Thing 2, 2 Cat in the Hats, several Sally's from the Cat in the Hat, a Grinch, Cindy Lou Who's, and I recognize the second kid to the left's character but I don't know which book it was from. Anyway, they were all pretty cute.

My parents leave today and we'll be all alone again. Just me and the girls (Ian doesn't count since he just sleeps here :) ).

It has been a fun week and a half!

6 comments:

Christy said...

Oh, I sure miss you guys! Tell Heidi I say hi!

Anayansi said...

I will Christy.

Come and visit us next time you visit the Ryan's.

Unknown said...

Thanks for rubbing in the Texas thing! Love you too; I had a great time.

Christy said...

Heidi! hi!!! I can't access your profile..give me your blog if you have one. :)

Anayansi said...

heidi doesn't have one.

hoLLy said...

wasn't the snow fun? we thought we'd died and gone to heaven:) cute fishing pics of reagan and ian. i bet she loved that.

hey, call me soon!(or I'll call you) we need to get together now that everything has slowed down a little.