Thursday, February 28, 2008

6!!!!!

This evening, the girls and I made blueberry muffins from scratch. We have bought so many blueberries lately. So instead of letting a few go bad we made muffins. They were so delicious that I ate 6!!! Darn those blueberry muffins! So warm and fresh!


Blueberry Muffins

3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 3/4 cup sifted flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon flour


Cream butter and sugar. Add milk and egg and beat until smooth. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Mix until moistened. Toss blueberries with flour and fold into batter. Fill a well-greased muffin pan 2/3 full with the batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

courtesy of Gourmet Magazine

4 comments:

hoLLy said...

Heck, I eat 6 muffins even when they turn out crappy:) I wonder how many of these I could down, probably 10!

Hey you should join the recipe blog and stick this little recipe on it. Its a fun blog. I just post a recipe every now and then. And then I check it out every now and then for new meal ideas from other gals. If you don't join, I'm going to copy this recipe and paste it into a post of my own and pretend like I made it up:)j/k if you want to join it, email my friend melissa at brysonmelissa@hotmail.com. then she'll send you the blog invite. we need more recipes and contributors!

Anayansi said...

you're so funny holly. i love that about you.

i think what was so great about them is that it was fresh blueberries, rather than the dried up tiny kind.

you know, i've tried a recipe or two off of that blog. it is such a great idea to have a recipe blog! we all know i can use all of the help that i can get. :)

Unknown said...

Anayansi: So much better than the 6Krispie Kremes I usually eat! Ha!

Christy said...

Yum! I'm reading this and it is fast sunday, not a very smart move. But that looks so good!