Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The President

Between falling asleep and being waken by my husband, I watched the votes come in. It is amazing and hard to really grasp the reality of a President Obama. I am excited to see what our country's future holds. I hope that he will bring prosperity and peace to our country and the world.

As a side note, McCain's speech was beautiful. He was very respectful and classy. And he understood the historical impact of such an election.

Being biracial, and just a minority, I feel overwhelmed. I now truly feel that no matter what your skin color or whether you are a woman or a man, you can be President. And that is a wonderful feeling for a mother of 2 little girls that have not only European but also Panamanian blood in their veins. I feel blessed to be an American. And I feel blessed to have witnessed this historic event.

8 comments:

Abbie said...

Okay, Anayansi, you made me tear up. That was beautifully said. I hope HOPE hope and pray for the same thing - PEACE. My head tells me it won't happen soon with all the research I did before this election, but I hope HOPE hope I am wrong and I will pray that I am wrong. I will pray for our president. God bless the USA.

Sarah said...

Hi Anayansi, your blog is beautiful and so thoughtful. I'm excited I found it. Reagan and Jenna have grown into gorgeous girls! Emma says "hi".

MartyE said...

What a night last night was! Amazing. I agree about John McCain's speech. It was classy and so sincere. Although I wish the people in the background weren't boo-ing.
I think Barak Obama will do good things for this country.

Unknown said...

Having lived thru the civil rights era and graduating High School in 1968 at its height, I never thought our Nation would heal enough to elect a man to the highest position on earth with no regard to color. I never completely understood why color mattered to some..I knew it did, but it never made sense. Hatred and bigotry never do. (If my grand daughters EVER experience bigotry, then perhaps I'll feel hatred first hand)

To finally see a Nation torn by bigotry set it aside, is moving and historical. It again sets us apart from the rest of the world.

I do not agree that it should be THIS man however. I hope time proves me very, very wrong. But I find hope in the fact that as important as the Pres is, we are a Nation of people and laws. We survived a bungling Bush for example as you point out...and we will survive Obama and maybe be better for it. (double check your food supply)

Jana said...

Well said Anayansi.

I am an Obamacon that thinks we will see a tremendous improvement over his predecessor...though I expect to be dissappointed greatly from time to time.

Anayansi said...

I totally agree with you! I am planning on being "dissappointed greatly from time to time". But I do expect to see an improvement too.

blanca said...

thanks for your comment. i like to look at your blog and see how your girls are growing so beautifully. i will be adding you to my tiny list of bloggers, if that's ok with you. take care. we will be home in TX for xmas. hope to see you there!

Unknown said...

McCain sounded the most "Presidential" he ever has in his concession!? WHAT?

I was like...where has this guy been?

I really appreciated your thoughts.