Monday, July 14, 2008

Swimming

So far our summer/the month of July has consisted of a lot of swimming. I have been on a mission to make sure that the girls learn how to swim. So here is a mini update on their progress.

Reagan is finally swimming...but not coming up for air. I am hoping that this important skill will be tackled this week at swimming lessons. She was brave and jumped off the diving board (something that I as an adult still refuse to do. Yes. I am a major chicken). And she is working on floating on her back (that, I actually like to do).

Jenna...oh my gosh, Jenna! The kid is fearless which causes Mommy to be fearful! So she is swimming underwater (not coming up for air either). She loves going under. She too jumped off the diving board at swimming lessons on Thursday.

We went swimming with our friends the Ella, Aubrey (2 girls pictured above with my monkeys), Holly, and Cali on Friday, and just spent the whole day with them (thanks ladies, we had a blast). The whole time, Jenna was jumping into the water and swimming around whether I was near her or far from her. It was terrifying. And poor Reagan wanted to work on her swimming and Jen just wouldn't let her. Needless to say, Jenna is a nut!

I will attempt to put up some pictures of the girls at swimming lessons, in the near future.

5 comments:

Ivy said...

My boys are terrified of learning to swim! It's crazy because I was always a fearless swimmer. My sisters have been trying to get them to learn but to no avail! Sounds like your girls are doing really well! Good job to them!

Christy said...

eeek!! That is an important skill to learn to do. :)

Well, that is great for them though!

Nathan, Kassie and Emilie said...

Sorry I took forever to reply, If I don't do things right away I never seem to get to them! I think the last time I saw you you were pregnant with Reagan. Crazy! Your girls are beautiful. Jenna looks just like you. How's your family?

WhitParks said...

Sounds like Asher and Jenna have something in common...he is my crazy little fish! Hope you can come join us at the pool sometime soon!

hoLLy said...

thanks for coming over that day! we had so much fun with you. the girls played so well together didn't they?