Thursday, July 24, 2008

10 Random Things About Me

I consider myself an extremely boring person. So when I saw that I was tagged by my friend Melissa, I debated whether or not to participate in this one. Here is my horrible attempt at coming up with 10 random things about myself.

1. I buy chocolate and cookies and hide them from my children and husband so I can treat myself on a daily basis. (Unfortunately, my stash for this week was discovered by EVERYONE! And I was forced to share. Darn!)

2. I have a pretty long tongue. I can touch both my nose and chin with it.

3. I took piano lessons as a kid. The instructor told my mom that she was wasting her money on me!

4. I am one of the most unathletic and unflexible people I know. I can't even do a summersault (sp) straight.

5. I actually enjoy watching some kid shows with Reagan. I won't list them for embarrassment purposes.

6. Before Ian and I met, a friend of mine told me that he was coming home from his mission. And I declared that I was going to have to be his "personal welcoming commitee". It seemed to have worked.

7. When I was little, I used to eat peanut butter cookies dipped in mustard. Don't ask me how I thought that was good. It was my mustard faze.

8. I have never gone camping. (It seems like everyone I know goes.) To me, camping is staying at a bad hotel.

9. My Panamanian cousins consider my 2 sisters Latina but they call me Gringa. Which seems pretty funny considering that I am obviously brown. And my Utah family thinks we are all Latin. So where exactly does that put me... Being a mix can be difficult at times. I feel for Barack Obama.

10. I am going to the dreaded 10 Year High School Reunion this weekend. ...need I say more.

14 comments:

Liz said...

Well, I know I may be biased... but you are anything but boring!!! You are the whole package my dear!! Funny, beautiful, spiritual, talented (maybe you can't play the piano but you can sing, girl!). Love you!

Shankar said...

Finally: someone who admits (in public) that they have the same attitude to camping that I do.

brooke said...

Yansi, this was so funny! You made me laugh. I love that you think camping is a bad hotel. I used to love camping, but now I agree with you! Maybe its the thought of camping with kids. Trying to picture you doing a somersault was very funny. You are too cute! You are still nearly perfect my friend.

hoLLy said...

you've gone camping-yw girls camp! and who needs piano when you have a killa voice! and have a great time at the reunion-have a drink for me !) j/k oh, and tell everyone there how great i turned out:)

Probative said...

Best. Post. Ever.

I can vouch for numbers 2 and 4.

Anayansi said...

Thank you all for your EXTREME kindness.
Holly is right, I have been to YW camp. But I am not sure that airconditioned cabins with private bathrooms would be on most people's list of real camping.
#2 and #4 were NOT meant to be dirty (by the way.) But Ian would know ;)

Melissa said...

Oh My Goodness! I have never laughed so hard in my life! You are stinkin hilarious. Boring... Ya Right! I agree with the camping thing, bad hotel and ya, no one else considers air conditioned cabins as camping. I agree, who needs to learn piano when you have a voice as heavenly as yours. I still treasure my "gift" of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief at ward conference from you and Cathleen! And don't be embarrassed about kid shows. I have Hannah Montana and HSM songs on my IPod! Thanks for being a good sport about being tagged!

Melissa said...

By the way, you need to "tag" some of your friends now! :-)

Christy said...

Anayansi, are you in town this weekend??? I am!!

Tiffany said...

Ditto about camping! I really liked this post. And it's not fair that you can eat the WORLD and not gain an ounce - what gives? :)

Erica and Orlando said...

I have to agree with Holly and Melissa, who needs the piano when you have such a beautiful voice. Really enjoyed reading this.

WhitParks said...

You are highly entertaining lady...you better beleive next time I see you I will be asking you to stick your tounge out for me!

fourballerinas said...

Funny Anayansi. Isn't funny how a man can make anything you say "dirty". I had to re-read 2 and 4 and then I got a good laugh. Sure miss you guys. I don't know if I can come up with 10 interesting random things about myself. I'll have to try this evening when the girls are in bed.
audrey

Ivy said...

I totally do number one! Shhhh!