Monday, October 1, 2007

Not another Emergency!


Sometimes I feel like all we do is go to the ER or even just the doctor's office for minor emergencies. Well today was another one of those days. After we (my parents, Jenna, and I) got home from Southlake my mother was laying Jenna for her nap. She noticed dried blood on her pillow. She immediately thought that Jenna must be having bloody noses like Reg has constantly. Something happened soon after and she forgot about it for the time being. When Jenna woke up, I touched the back of her head and felt something dry in her hair. I checked it out and it was blood. I cleaned it up with some peroxide (I've never seen anything bubble up like THAT before), and soon discovered a decently deep cut on her head. I freaked out and called the doctor. They said to bring her in but that it may be too late to do stitches---for infection purposes. Before we left, we checked out everything. We couldn't find any blood except for on her pillow. ****As a side note: Jenna woke up crying last night. We found her in the hallway, where she was insisting that only my mom care for her. So we just figured that she wasn't sleeping well. Also, just an hour ago, I discovered blood on her PJ's---Reg was late for school so I dressed Jenna so fast that I didn't notice it.**** So we went to the doctor. She told us that since it probably happened in the night, the window for putting stitches in was long past. She said that Jenna would have needed 3 stitches. But since we were past the window, we are going to have to apply some medication at least 4 times a day on it to prevent infection. And I have to do everything in my power to keep the wound clean and free of anymore injury until a good dry scab has formed.

Jenna has been great. She doesn't seem annoyed (yet) that I am constantly messing with her head. But there is still time for that. I feel horrible for her. We had no clue. I just hope that it heals well and very quickly. Luckily, the scar will be covered by her hair.

2 Emergencies for Jenna. And 0 for Reagan. But we have only been here for a month and a half. Who knows what the next month and a half will have in store for us.

3 comments:

hoLLy said...

oh my goodness! poor thing, she sure sounds like a tough little girl though!

Anayansi said...

She really is. And you know that she didn't get that from me. :)

brooke said...

oh no!! Give little Jenna a hug and kiss from us. Poor kid. Man that stinks to have to keep something clean and medicated on a child. Too much effort :) Good luck! I am sure it will heal just fine. Funny that she is such the bruiser in the fam. Jenna and McKenzie sure are from the same clan. (although we have only had one ER visit, there have been several other close calls)I am so sorry you guys. We love you!