Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful

2009 has been a year of education in thankfulness. So many things have happened to our little family, our extended family, and even friends, that have caused us to look at all that we have and be thankful.

I am thankful for waking up every morning with the gift of life.

I am thankful to be blessed with a home that is warm when it is cold, and cool when it is hot.

I am thankful that we have smoke detectors and that our windows can open.

I am thankful that despite the fact that my husband is constantly working (even on weekends), we have been blessed with him having a job.

I am thankful that we have food to eat and clothes to wear.

I am thankful that, even though we have spent a crazy amount of money on medical bills in the past 2 years, we are blessed with health.

I am thankful for doctors who help heal us and comfort us when there is pain.

I am thankful that I have 2 beautiful little girls.

I am thankful for a husband that loves and respects me.

I am thankful for family that is constantly "there" for us. And is always willing to do anything to show their love.

I am thankful for friends that are thoughtful, sympathetic, and bring laughter into our lives.

I am thankful for my God, that is my strength through trials small and large.

I am thankful that I have so many things to be thankful for that I can't list them all.

6 comments:

Abbie said...

Great post. It's humbling to count all the blessing that I don't recognize everyday. Thanks for reminding me how blessed I am.

Liz said...

I am thankful for you being part of my family!!

Cynthia said...

There are so many things that we forget to be thankful for on a daily basis. Things that we take for granted every day. I think your list is a good one and reminds us all of how good we have it here in these United States.

Rebecca said...

Beautiful.

And I am grateful for a friend like you who reminds me of all my blessings and has been there for me whether I needed ice cream or someone to talk to:)

You are such a loyal friend. I am so grateful for you, even if you aren't across the street from me anymore:(

Camille said...

Really great list. I am thankful for such a wonderful sister-in-law.

Tiffany said...

Well put, Anayansi. It's those key things in life that matter the most and that ultimately bring the truest happiness we can enjoy. Everything else is just the icing on the cake and the cherry on top.