Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

Let me begin this post by bringing up last Christmas' post. Last year, I had planned on putting up a series of posts so as not to overwhelm the reader. Well, I only put up 1 post in a series of 3. I was disappointed with the fact that I never got it done. So this year I decided to overwhelm you with a crazy amount of pictures. I know that this is the only way I'll get it done (because if you know me, not only am a procrastinator but I am also constantly filled with good intentions that never happen). So brace yourself, this was our 2008 Christmas.

My family came to our home for Christmas. It was so wonderful to be with them, just us girls...and Daddy and Ian (those poor/lucky guys).

Reagan and Jenna (or shall we say I) decorated Christmas stockings for everyone.


We started Christmas morning off with the stockings. --I am still trying to get used to these things because in our Panamanian home, stockings were such a minor thing with only one small gift inside.--

Then we headed to the tree.


I know that this picture is fuzzy but Reagan's face was to perfect not to share.


Jenna loved her violin. She always wants to play her big sister's but is not allowed to touch it, so now she has her own.


Every gift was so exciting to the girls. Jenna wanted to play with every gift the moment she opened it. Needless to say, it took her quite a long time to open her gifts.


Anita got Reagan "Hungry Hippos". We always wanted one as kids (my parents never knew). So we went crazy playing a few rounds.


Jenna was exhausted after opening gifts, and it wasn't even 8 a.m. yet.


Later that day, we grabbed a neighbor for a family picture.


The "Traditional" Kemple family picture.


In the evening, Reagan finally lost her first tooth. She was so excited. She has been waiting for this day for months!


And then the next evening, the 26th, Reagan lost her second tooth.


Jenna wasn't feeling very well due to a cold. Luckily, she had her Auntie Anita to read her stories.


And she only wanted her Papa to hold her and make her feel better.

I loved hanging out with my sisters, since I hardly get to see them.
Ya'll seriously need to move back to the motherland.
(Texas was once it's own country, therefore, it can be referred to as "the motherland".
)



We celebrated my parent's 38th Anniversary while they were with us.

We loved having everyone with us but knew that our time was almost up. The excitement of Christmas was perfect. And we can't wait until we are together again.

I do have to say that even though Ian Claus spoiled me to an amazing degree this year (which I absolutely loved), my favorite thing was and is feeling his love for me and the girls (which we feel everyday), and having time with him (and that is definitely not something that we get everyday).


Everyone, except Heidi, headed back home after a wonderful couple of days. Heidi stayed with us for one more day before flying out (it really helped make the whole family leaving thing a lot easier for the girls...and me too).

We had a very Merry Christmas! I hope that you all had a wonderful one too.

6 comments:

Shankar said...

If it had happened just a day earlier, Reagan could have sung "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth"? Glad you all had a good Christmas.

Liz said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures!!!! I missed you all so much this year! It is fun to see how excited the girls were.

Juliekins said...

Your family is so awesome. I love seeing how much fun you have together. I have to say I love that picture of Reagan and the surprised look on her face. For a second it looked like she was breathing out flames or vomiting. I guess it was just her pj's. Anyway, I miss Texas. I hope we end up there someday.

Tiffany said...

Happy New Year you guys! I have so enjoyed poppin' in every now and then to see how your lovely little family is doing. Thanks for you comments - hope to see more of you!

fourballerinas said...

Looks like you guys had a really great time. That is great that all of your family could be there. How great to have all of your sisters with you. YOu guys are beautiful!! Kids are the best thing about Christmas.
Audrey

hoLLy said...

looks like the PERFECT Christmas! i loooove the picture of reagan with her hands in the air. i love the excitement of Christmas and watching the kids reactions to everything. its so much fun being a parent on Christmas morning:)