Monday, May 5, 2008

Discovering India

Two weekends ago (it seems like I am always at least 2 weeks behind in blogging), we went to the Discovering India Fair in downtown Dallas. It was in the Art District, right by Ian's office.

The music was so cool and the dancing was amazing. And if Ian was writing this post, he would write about the wonderful food and probably only that. Needless to say, we had a wonderful time and were glad to expose Reagan and Jenna to such a rich culture.


Dancers

Reagan and Ian enjoying the show.

Reagan making a necklace.

Jenna doing what she does best--consuming liquids.

I tried to get Reagan to get henna done on her hand but she wouldn't. So I tried it (yes, that is my hand not hers---I have very small hands). So this is before it dried up and the hardened henna came off. It lasted a bit more than a week. I thought it would last like 2 to3 days but was told otherwise. It was definitely a conversation starter everywhere I went. And Reagan discovered that it didn't hurt Mommy which meant that it wouldn't hurt her. I think that she may try it next year.

7 comments:

Christy said...

Oh, I bet the Henna started conversations! But it is so much fun...and does stay awhile! :)

So, did you tag me before? Let me know b/c I'm not sure what that means or what I'm supposed to do with it.

(And I can't believe how Reagan is growing!)

Tiffany said...

Oooo! I have always wanted to do henna! I'm jealous now...I don't know where to do it in CC, tho...

Camille Phillips said...

What fun!
How do you find out about these things? Am I just out of the loop, or do you have to be in a special club?

Anayansi said...

funny. so it was held literally right on the sidwalks/street of ian's building. so he saw them setting up for it. plus, reagan came home with a flyer from her art teacher a month in advance about it.

hoLLy said...

how fun and culturally enriching! good thing you clarified that was your hand or i would have thought it was reagans:) j/k i know those hands anywhere. . .

hoLLy said...

did that sound lesbian? sorry bout that. i'm straight people.

Shankar said...

I'm heading back to the home of real Indian culture soon. No, not Leicester, but home to India itself. Let me know if you want to experience the real deal sometime.

PS: Thanks to Holly for directing me to your blog. I don't think Ian advertises it on Facebook.