Tuesday, December 18, 2007

And finally #5 and #6

So on Thursday night, we finally went to Ian's work party. It was "Holiday Chic" at the new Ritz. We had a great time getting to know new people and just spending time with friends. The food was amazing, not to mention all of our surroundings. We had a 5 course meal. The steak was like butter. I mean, I didn't have to hardly chew the thing at all. It just melted in my mouth! It was so nice to be alone with Ian (and all of his coworkers) again. I think that has been my favorite thing about all of these dinners and parties, being on a date with him.

There was one thing that was pretty bad...valet. They got all of the cars mixed up. They brought us a silver Mercedes. Of course, I was glad to take it. Unfortunately, Ian wanted our actual vehicle. So much for that Christmas wish. :) So it took about 30 minutes to get the car. There were so many people waiting for their cars. Some waited 45 minutes. And one girl waited an hour and a half! If you can believe such a thing. Supposedly, The Ritz has been having major problems with valet. So the moral of the story is: If you are close enough to walk from the office, park there and walk!

Christmas party/dinner #6 was at partner's house (he is a member of our church). He had invited other church members from the firm also. This dinner was kid friendly. And since the kids already knew each other, they had a blast. The girls didn't even want to leave at all. The food was great and the company was to. It was a nice mellow evening, especially compared to all of the other gatherings.

So we are done until New Year's Eve.

1 comment:

brooke said...

I can't believe how busy you have been. How fun to go on dates with Ian! I am happy for you guys that this holiday season has been filled with fun parties. Everytime I read your blog or even think about you guys I start to REALLY REALLY wish we were coming for Christmas too. I miss you.