Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Wow! I can't believe that I haven't blogged in about a month. So there are a lot of pictures to make up for the lost time.

The kindergarten classes at Lakeside Elementary had a "Thanksgiving Feast"---Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets, grapes, popcorn, carrots, cheese, and pumpkin bread. (I think calling it a "Thanksgiving Feast" is a bit of a stretch.) Anyway, they put on a little musical performance for the parents and were able to show of the extremely cool "Pilgrim" outfits they made. Very nice hat and vest Reg! Jenna was pretty tired, so as you can tell from the first picture, she didn't really enjoy the festivities. Gotta love 2 year olds! :)




One of the things that Reagan was really excited about was that she was going to be able to sit by whoever she wanted to for lunch (plus the fact that she didn't bring her lunch kind of excited her too). Usually the kids sit down in the lunch room according to how they lined up in the class room. So the picture below is of Reagan with one of her best friends, Fatima. Her family just moved to Coppell from India. They are such a nice family. Reagan says that Fatima is sooo funny! She is always "cracking" Reagan up!



Of course, Jenna wanted to try on Reagan's very cool pilgrim hat. I think she looks very authentic. lol!




The girls were excited to take some pictures before we headed off to church yesterday.

Ian spoke on tithing. It seemed like everyone enjoyed his talk. But we all know that he is an excellent speaker. So it comes as no surprise. Reagan gave the prayer in Primary the same day. A little (or shall I say a big pregnant) birdy told me that she did so well. She said that Reg was very confident and didn't need any help. I think that she is enjoying the ward a bit more now.




The next picture is of Ian cutting up our Thanksgiving turkey. It was so delicious! Everything was delicious! It was so wonderful to have my parents come up and spend Thanksgiving with us. The girls had a blast with their Mama and Papa. They played together, ran around together, and even baked together. Jenna is still having withdrawls but we are working through it.



All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving. Every year we discuss what we are especially greatful for. I think that mine is always the same...Family. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family, both those that are near and far. But this year I am especially greatful for Ian. He is such a good man. He is a loving father and husband. And he works very hard to provide for us. When he has free time, he doesn't hang out with other guys. He spends every free moment with the girls and me. I know that he loves us very much. Not everyone has such a good man in their lives. And so I am especially thankful for Ian. We love you Hun!

4 comments:

Probative said...

Thanks sweetheart.

Your blogging skills are getting sharp. This is a great journal entry for Thanksgiving 2007.

I especially like the pic of Jenna crying and Rego with that big fake smile.

brooke said...

Great post Yansi. I loved reading every bit of it. You guys are all so cute. The girls are more and more beautiful each day. I miss them so much...and you and Ian! Glad you had a nice THanksgiving. Can't wait til that someday when we live near eachother and can share Thanksgiving together.
Ian, sad I missed your talk. I am sure it was great.

hoLLy said...

i love that first picture! so funny. i love Thanksgiving(not just for the food even though that is a HUGE reason to love something) but i love reflecting on the things i have in my life that i am grateful for. we're so blessed to have such wonderful families and the gospel in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here 21stcenturyscrapbook.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Research shows that nearly 60% of all United States adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.