Saturday, November 3, 2007

Our Month of Halloween Activities!


The night before Halloween, I made a casserole in a pumpkin. (It is the one on the pan). If you go to Holly's Blog there is a link to another blog, a cooking blog. That is were I got the recipe. Ian loved it. And since it wasn't chicken nuggets or hotdogs, the girls wouldn't eat it. Oh well... at least it was cute and festive.



Instead of dressing in Halloween costumes at school, the kindergarteners had a Scarecrow Parade. Reagan was so embarrassed to wear the headband. And after talking to a few moms, she definitely wasn't the only one.


Jenna looking cute at Reagan's Scarecrow Parade. She had so much fun dancing around while we were waiting for the kids to start.


Jenna helped me make pumpkin cookies one day when Reagan was at school. It was the first time that I really let her help. Can I just say that was the most messy cooking experience ever. But she had a blast.

Halloween night we went to a party hosted by some members of our ward. They live on the street right next to us. We had fun getting to know everyone that lives close by (literally in our neighborhood) that are LDS. After eating and playing we went Trick or Treating in our neighborhood with the whole gang. It was quite a crowd. The streets were filled with kids. It was like nothing I had seen before. We are so happy that our kids can grow up in a place like this.
As you can tell from the picture the girls were both black cats for the night (Reagan stole my ear and tail--my usual Halloween costume).



The Saturday before Halloween, we went Trunk or Treating with a bunch of people from our ward and stake. If you can believe, our stake does not support Halloween activities. So our ward did a Chili and Square Dancing Night. There was only one ward in our stake that did a Halloween Activity, "the rebellious ward"! :) I love that!
So the LDS playgroup from our ward organized a Trunk or Treat. And put it on in the parking lot of Reg's school. It was a lot of fun. Supposedly, the Ward chili thing was pretty awesome. Bounce House, games, live band, etc, etc. We didn't go because Ian was out of town and it started late. And honestly, I didn't want to handle to kids at a mini carnival with people I just semi know.
But like I said before, the Trunk or Treat thing was fun. Jenna has discovered the joy of Halloween!




3 comments:

hoLLy said...

i loved reading about all of your halloween activities. thats funny how your stake is about halloween. ours doesn't have official "halloween" parties either, but our ward had trunk or treat. we didn't go though. we just trick or treated the neighborhood. sounds like you are making friends and liking your new area. thats great!!!

Anayansi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Anayansi,
I am so happy that Liz has begun blogging as I was able to retrieve your blog from her site. I just spent the last 15 minutes catching up on your family, how you're doing, and how you have all grown! Your children are so beautiful and I am so happy for you and Ian. As I'm sure you know, I just got maarried about 5 months ago and it has been so incredibly wonderful!! Seriously, this married stuff is under-rated! :) We are very happy... Like you, I've truly found myself a good man.
Anyway, Jeff and I may be planning to have a child of our own after the new year so I'll keep you posted.
This is all such an exciting time and I want you to know that you, Ian, Reagan, and Jenna are in our thoughts and in our prayers. I'll be sure to check back in with you again soon to see how you all are doing. Please give Ian my love...

Sincerely,
Shannon Becker ;)
xo