Sunday, August 12, 2007

Boyfriend Review


Well my sister and her boyfriend made it back safely to Salt Lake. Like I said before, we had a good time with them. He is a computer programmer. Has an MBA from BYU. And is 32 years old. He is really friendly. And most importantly, he just seems to be a good guy in general.

I must say, I do feel a bit bad for David (the boyfriend). I guess that it is the unwritten rule that you must drill the guy that your sister is having a serious relationship with. So as many of you know my mom is very oppinionated. My dad is happy with the world. And I, even though I am a lot like my dad, am quite oppinionated too (not as much as either of my sisters). So we all shared our thoughts on several different subjects with the poor guy. The whole time Anita was asleep. He was completely defenseless. To make him feel better, I would through in a joke every once and a while. But he hardly said a word (and Anita has described him as an extremely talkative person). My family can be quite overwhelming at times, so I think that he was just taking everything in. Finally, Anita woke up and was able to rescue him from us. I'm sure if Ian was around, rather than being at work, David might have felt a bit more comfortable.

All in all, we think that he is a nice guy. And for goodness sakes, he survived 2 1/2 days and 3 nights with my family without any issues (but of course, Heidi and Jan weren't with us). That says a lot for a guy. Any guy who can handle that deserves 2 thumbs up. We'll see how the relationship goes.

8 comments:

hoLLy said...

Hey, you are still a twig Anayansi! A beautiful twig of course:) I don't know what you were talkin bout on the phone!

Glad you guys liked David. He looks and sounds like a good guy.

Anayansi said...

Thanks Holly. I needed to hear the "twig" comment.

Ya, he does seems nice. I just want my sister to be happy. If this guy is the one, we are happy for her. I hope we didn't scare him off. We just wanted to scare him a little. :)

Unknown said...

I have to disagree...I think if Ian were there during interrogation that he would have felt MORE uncomforatble than in the circumstances. On the other hand I DO agree: if Jan and I had been there I am sure there would have been more stereotypical Kemple-drama for him to deal with. Now that really would have been an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

If he did well being grilled and staying for two and a half days with dogs, daughters, and potential inlaws, then you really need to check and see what prescriptions he's on.

Anayansi said...

Heidi, Ian was sticking up for him the whole time. He was trying to make him feel comfortable----probably because he has been in a similar situation before.

brooke said...

You guys are pretty dang funny. This is great- the poor guy is probably reading this blog and wondering what he got himself into. HAHA. I am happy for Anita!

Anonymous said...

Ana (Anita to you guys) just told me about this link. Yeah, it was pretty funny reading this. She's in Texas, and I'm in Utah, at the moment.

That was a really fun trip. Ana got after me a bit for being so quiet. I think loquacious is an understatement for me. I think Anayansi was right, I was just taking it all in. Probably a question of just what drugs I was on is a fair question, though I'll take the fifth on that one. :)

I was supposed to be back there right now for round two, but at the last moment, I just felt like I had too many things to handle in Utah to take a couple weeks off.

With such a kind family, however, I think I'll have to figure out how to have a round two some other time.

Anayansi said...

that's very kind of you david.